For proper SeaCat-equipped products functionality, additional services are needed:
Admin Panel is a web-based tool that allows administrators to manage SeaCat infrastructure using their web browser. It is accessible from a Private Network via HTTPS connection.
Screenshot of the Admin Panel web user interface
Discover Service is a DNS-based authority that pairs Applications with SeaCat Gateways.
Discover Service provides:
- Application Backend resource protection by traffic redirection in a cyber-attack (e.g. DDoS);
- Traffic load distribution across multiple SeaCat Gateways;
- Traffic load optimization due to priority and weight settings;
- Traffic load redirection to other SeaCat Gateways in the case of an overload or a traffic peak;
- Whole infrastructure evolving without any need for re-deployment of the Application due to no hardcoded URLs.
SeaCat Gateway configuration use records:
- SRV record; (RFC 2782) with priority and weight functions for server listen port specification;
- A record; RFC 1035) for IPv4 specification;
- AAAA record; RFC 3596) for IPv6 specification.
_seacat._tcp.exampleand IN SRV 10 0 443 gateway_001 _seacat._tcp.exampleand IN SRV 10 100 443 gateway_002 gateway_001 IN A 184.108.40.206 gateway_002 IN AAAA 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334
Discover Service uses proprietary library to avoid attack against GLibC.
Software and Firmware Update Service
Software and Firmware Update Service is responsible for keeping all connected Applications and devices up-to-date. It propagates fresh versions of the software and firmware to all connected components. This is especially useful for IoT Applications.